Sunday, October 2, 2011

Free Zoo day---and a not- so- free break

As noted in the previous post, our weeks are very busy! (I've had some people tell me I haven't posted for a while, but hey- I think I've been doing pretty well actually-the last post was only last Friday--and we've had a few things going on that have slowed me down more--in fact--Dad- when was your last blog post? hehehe)

Anyway---

I do have some fun pics- It was free zoo day up in Idaho Falls last Saturday and of course we took advantage of that! Kim and I were brave (or crazy) and took our kiddos to the zoo. Between the two of us there were 9 kids!! (Soon to be 10!-Kim is having a girl in January!)

I'd never been to the Idaho Falls zoo before--I was impressed!! They even had lions.


Livia liked the zebras





This was an African safari tent






There was even a petting zoo!










Preston hung out in the stroller the entire time and did great!











Livia and Marshall (They are inseparable!)













The boys















Thanks for a fun time at the zoo Brown's!







And this is what has happened this week to add to our crazy week----we've had our first bone break!! Aaron was climbing some playground equipment at recess and someone slid his fingers off and he fell down. Rude!!

I was actually there at the school when it happened because I was dropping off Ashton for afternoon kindergarten. So I just took Aaron home with me.

And we waited until the next day to have it looked at, and yes, he broke his wrist.




















Cool blue cast Aaron! It should heal quickly- hopefully he'll only have to be in the cast for 3-4 weeks. He has been a really good sport about it though, especially because it's his right arm!--I think he's loving the attention! :)





























3 comments:

Beth Moxley said...

Rachael - you might not remember, but we went to the Idaho Falls zoo about the second year we lived in Wisconsin. I think you were with us.

and...yes, I'm about half done with a story. I will get working on it.

Love you all,

Dad

Chelsa said...

Bummer Aaron! Casts are no fun, so hopefully it heals quickly! Drink your milk!

Doug said...

That looks like a cool and fun zoo! That does NOT look like a cool and fun break :(