Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rock climbing and rappelling

Today ( Saturday) was beautiful!! Our friends the Browns went with us to go rock climbing and rappelling. (I sat in my lounge chair don't worry. :) ) Adam bought a child's harness so the kids could go. I was pretty nervous watching the guys and Kim go over the edge- and I told Adam I REALLY didn't want the kids doing that!! ( maybe someday) So he and Shayne pulled the kids up from the ground to the top and then back down again. I felt a little better about that, but I was still nervous! ---these aren't the best pictures they were on the phone and facing the sun- but it was quite a sight!
Aaron went first! That white speck his helmet! ( I made them wear helmets!)

Aaron half way down. He was brave!


Dylan getting instructions from Shayne



Dylan getting comforted by his mom and his uncle Mike. :)




Ashton getting ready.





so you can only see the speck of white--- but I promise that's Ashton. I have some very brave (or crazy) kids!



Bridger going up!


Bridger made it half way!!




Allyson made it to the top


Ella gearing up!






Ella at the top!



Ella coming down---So I'm kind of glad I had the pregnancy/bed rest as an excuse not to do this adventure! I don't know if I could do it! But I had fun cheering my kids and husband on! And I definitely enjoyed just lounging in the sun on a beautiful day!












4 comments:

shayne and kimberly said...

We got a little sunburned! How about you? Thanks again. It was so much fun. We definately will have to do this again!

Sarah's Project said...

We love rock climbing! That looks like Pocatello, is that by Ross Park? The Lankfords took us last year and my girls loved it. I was happy to cheer them on as well - from the ground!

Simpson family fun said...

sooo cool love the pics

Marla Moxley said...

So, after this, going on a cruise should be pretty easy. :) Those are some crazy pictures. It looks like it was a lot of fun.