Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yellowstone 2011!!

We had a family reunion in Yellowstone this last weekend and had a wonderful time. I can say that now---because we all survived!! ( I have been stressing about this trip for about 6 months now.) And the picture below pretty much sums up how I felt on most of the hikes.......... Yes, the boiling hot water, steep cliffs, and other various dangers terrified me---a mother of some rather rambuncious children. HOWEVER----->we all made it out in one piece, the weather was great, the scenery was beautiful, and I loved being with my family. So enjoy the pictures of our family in Yellowstone!

This first picture actually comes from Teton National Park....we came through the south entrance which was just a breathtaking drive.


This is our family and my dad at a waterfall.





Ashton was the king of shoulder rides, (or talking people into giving him shoulder rides)







We backpacked Liv and Preston and they did great.






The boys watching a geyser



Livi insisted on holding Preston's hand when they were in the stroller together. I loved it!




My sister Jesse and her husband Doug at Old Faithful. (Doug would not look at the camera. hahaha)





A grizzly bear! Another one came right into the campground my parents were at!! (That didn't unnerve anyone did it Jess?!)

Ella, Aaron, and Ashton at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.






We went on a super fun chuck wagon dinner ride and the guide let Aaron and Ashton wear her cowboy hat!! (I think they were secretly thinking it was an Indiana Jones hat)




Livia finding "magic rocks". :)





Ashton wearing the Indiana Jones- I mean cowboy hat.





That tiny black dot in the background is a buffalo! Look at us out in the middle of no where!



World's strongest man!!!! My cousin Mike was so good with my boys!




My parents, my brother Chris and his wife Marla and baby Kaden, sister Sarah and her husband Kelvin, My sister Jesse (Doug was sick!) and us of course, after the dinner.



At the paint pots. We liked these a lot!


Preston was just loving life!




Thanks mom and dad for putting this amazing trip together. We made lots of wonderful memories. Family is a wonderful thing.



And this is a crazy video we got of some wolves eating an elk. We actually saw them make the kill---Adam was loving it---I enjoyed seeing the wolves but didn't want to think to much about what they were doing!!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yellowstone is fun, but a little nerve wracking if you've got kids that like to run all over the place! Looks like everyone had fun though!

I just want you to know that it's not fair that you look that good after having 5 kids. Not fair at all!

Doug said...

YAY I made an appearance on the Daniels' blog! I'm really sad I got sick and missed the wagon ride...but it was a really fun time and it was fabulous to see everyone! I second that thanks to Roy and Beth!

Beth Moxley said...

Great pictures! The kiddos were so good the whole time. No one fell into the boiling hot lava and only rarely stepped on the dangerous unstable ground around it :) Had a great reunion! (and you are welcome!)

Marla Moxley said...

Fun times! We loved getting to play at Yellowstone with your family. :)

Chelsa said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am jealous that you got to see a bear! I never have there....yet!