Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our "WalMart Vacation"

We went to Colorado over the weekend!!! This was a very spontaneous trip for us. I've been wanting to go for a while because my cousin Christina was graduating and my cousin Kim was having her bridal shower, but I was scared to travel with 5 kids and......PACK. I hate packing.
So.....Thursday Adam says, "Ok, so just don't pack. We'll just stop at a WalMart if we need anything."
I thought he was kidding....but he wasn't, and so I let the idea sink in.....and we went with it! (So we did pack a few cosmetic things, and socks and shoes) but other than that, if we needed it, we stopped at WalMart for it. And it was so much fun. And stress free!
We drove through the night on Friday and made it for Christina's 10:00 graduation. :) Congratulations Christina!!!
Mike, Thomas and Aunt Kelly......(thanks for letting us stay at your house Coleman's so last minute. You guys are amazing!!)


Uncle Randy helping Liv find "magic rocks." She found a bunch of them. :)





Grandma with Preston.




And Mike helping Liv find even more "magic rocks."





Jill with Preston



Mom and Preston (yes, everyone had their turn holding Preston. And he loved all the attention.)




My cousin Thomas found the best park EVER!!! We spent several hours there and got nice and sun burned. (Yes, SUN burned....the sun was out in Colorado)



Mike pushing Ella



See? We ALL had fun playing there!





This swing was a lot of fun.






I even got to hold Preston. hahaha







And it was so nice to be able to go to Kim's bridal shower. Liv was so cute ( of course) and would not take off this gecko necklace....and she played with it the entire way home.






Congratulations Kim!!!!! We are so happy, and excited for you. Steven (can we say his name now? hehehe) is a terrific guy!




Liv got to help hand out cards and felt sooo big. :)




Me and my girls.


I am so blessed to come from a wonderful family. It was great to see everyone- and I'm so glad we went!!!





























4 comments:

Beka and Eric Sorensen said...

A Walmart Vacation!! What a fantastic idea....I'll have to remember that one :) Glad you had fun!

Beth Moxley said...

It was so fun! What a great weekend. I wonder if Dad would go for a Walmart vacation? Probably! Maybe next time.

Chelsa said...

Glad that you guys were able to go to Colorado! Sounds like you had fun...esp. since you didn't have to pack :)

Doug said...

Looked like a great trip! The whole spontaneous nature of it seemed really crazy - loved it!