Monday, June 28, 2010

Government Cave=Hot fudge sundae

On Saturday we went with our friends to Government cave. (even though the first picture is of Adam in Crystal Ice cave). It was a LONG drive out there to the desert, but it was a pretty neat cave. And I got a sundae out of it! (I'll explain later).... Adam and Shayne went to Crystal Ice cave during the week last week. It's a cave you have to repel to get down into, so the kids and I have not seen that one yet!
On the way out to Government cave I spotted a horny toad lizard. Can you?

Proof I was there- in all my pregnant glory. :)


Adam and Livia down in the cave.



These kids were having a blast! (I later realized I should have put brighter colors on the boys to spot them easier as they ran ahead--"cave brown" color was not the easiest to spot them in.




Livia was having fun finding rocks.





And this is where my journey in the cave stopped. You have to army crawl for a little ways, and then it opens back up. Liv and me and our dog Max (yes the dog had to come too) waited for the others as they explored the rest of the cave. And we waited, and waited and waited. I was starting to get a little worried about where they were. In fact I ended up waiting alone (with a baby and a dog), in the cave for over an hour.....and this is where Adam making me a hot fudge sundae comes in. :) Yes, he owed me!





The rest of the cave involved climbing 2 sets of ladders, the kids thought that was so cool- I love Allyson's face in this one!







Best buddies! (usually)








And the end of the cave!! What great explorers!









4 comments:

Marla Moxley said...

You deserved TWO hot fudge sundaes for that. Have you guys been to Timpanogos Cave? There's a hike up to it and I'm not sure what you can do hike wise right now, but maybe next year all of us should go.

J.A.R. said...

Wow...that looks like a lot of fun.

Beth Moxley said...

Looks like the kids and Adam had fun, you definitely deserved the sundae! Miss you all!

Simpson family fun said...

Looks like you had so much fun!