Monday, March 29, 2010

Kansas

Last Friday my grandpa passed away. My Grandpa was the most genuine and honest person I've ever met. He loved his family and he made sure we knew that. What I loved about him was that he always made time to make us feel special and appreciated. He'd take us aside and talk with us and make sure we knew how much he loved us and because of that, we would want to do and be better. The world was a better place because he was here. He will be missed greatly, but I know I will see him again someday. This was the beautiful church that the funeral was held at. It was also the church that my grandma and grandpa were married in.
All ten cousins! This was in the evening, on an old merry go round that we've all spent hours on that my grandpa had restored.

The cousins again in the day time. I love these guys so much!



At Edmond Lake. This is one of my favorite places in the world to come to. It's so peaceful and it was such a beautiful day. I love this land of my grandparents. And take note of the 3 month prego belly. :)


Adam and I went on a peaceful drive. It was so nice to get out and drive on the beautiful old roads.




We stopped at the one room school house that my grandpa went to school for grade school at. It was such an amazing building still. It had my grandpa's initials and dates all over it! B.L were his initials. We thought that was so neat to see. One of the earliest dates we saw on the building was 1911.






Here's one side of the building.






The original slate chalkboard is still on the wall.






This is a picture of how the school looks from the road. It's just a single building in the middle of a wheat field- it means so much, and it's so neat that it's still standing.






I love this shadow picture. It's hard to see, but Adam photo shopped our names carved into the side of the school house. This was a fast but memorable trip to Kansas for just Adam and I. It was so peaceful and nice to be surrounded by family and loved ones.









1 comment:

J.A.R. said...

I love those pictures!! Next time we're in Kansas together you need to show us where that school is!!