Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday fun

I even got to have a birthday! (It was on a Monday though--blah!) And my day started with unplugging a toilet.....there's just no getting around those things, even on a birthday. blah. And why is it that the kids were especially naughty, and I made my own dinner and helped make my own cake (which didn't exactly turn out). I think I set my expectations a little too high for that day.
In Adam's defense---he was working and it is hard to make a dinner and cake. But he DID make me some yummy muffins for breakfast.....THANK YOU!
Aaron picked out my candles....they melted all over the cake....really fast. And I really wanted a picture of me and the kiddos......Adam took about 30. :) I love trying to get the kids to look good and look at the camera... at the same time. (I'm not even looking)
Not a bad shot.....I was getting tired of it though and ready to give up at this point.


But after the boys and Liv went to bed, Preston put on a show and it was the highlight of my birthday. :) He rolled....



And he laughed....and I loved it. Thank you Preston for making my day.


4 comments:

Beth Moxley said...

Preston that's a laugh anyone would have to smile for! Love it. Ella is a great entertainer! Get used to a lot of years of very similar birthdays! Love you Rachael!

Emma Simpson said...

Preston is super cute! His laugh is infectious!

APeck said...

I forgot we shared the same birthday! Sounds like our days were almost identical. Crrraaaaazzzzyyyy.

Marla Moxley said...

Your birthday cake looks super delicious. :) Happy belated birthday! And way to go, Preston for rolling over.