Thursday, August 12, 2010

A long night = a long day

Well- I thought I was doing so well!! Apparently too well, because little baby boy thought it was time to make his debut....NOT YET!!
I'd been having a lot of contractions the last several days, but then on Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning they wouldn't stop and they were right on top of each other. So Adam and I called Kim (who we owe dearly) at 3:00 a.m.- and we went to labor and delivery. They gave me a shot 3 different times to try to stop the contractions and they wouldn't stop, so they gave me a pill and that seemed to slow things down.
So now I have to take a pill every 6 hours, and yes, bed-rest AGAIN! They gave me a steroid shot for the baby's lungs and I go back today for another shot, and then I think I get one more after that.
I'm still having contractions, but not as bad, so HOPEFULLY this baby boy will hold out for a few more weeks.
My awesome sister came yesterday to help us and my mom is already on the road to come to our rescue. WOW! This baby is full of surprises.

3 comments:

Instein423 said...

Let's hope the last surprise isn't that it's a girl! Which would be a blessing too, but you know what I mean. :) Remember every day and hour counts. Hang in there.. all of you!

J.A.R. said...

Hang in there Rach! Wish I could come help you or send you food or something usefull!!!

Gwen said...

We're also hoping your little guy hangs in there a while longer! I think he is just making sure that you REALLY appreciate him coming to your family ;)
I'm home from Twin now so if you need to drop your kids off at my house anytime, PLEASE do!