Saturday, December 5, 2009

Violin RECITAL!! AHHH!

I have a new appreciation for all my beginning piano students who fearlessly play at their first recital. IT'S SCARY! For those of you who don't know, I have started a new hobby- the violin. :) I have loved it, but it has also been a humbling experience! It will take me a long time to sound decent I am afraid!
So, Adam was away on his annual hunting trip and missed the recital- I still had a loving audience though. My daughters cheered me on. (No, the boys were not invited. oops) Ella was in charge of videoing it, and she missed the beginning. hehehe. Oh well.
A few disclaimers before I post the video-
1. I am a BEGINNER!
2. Yes, I did tune the violin before I started. :)
3. Yes, I should have put rosin on the bow- lesson learned.
4.I should have warmed up more.
5. I did have the song memorized- I definitely did not want to play it memorized for a crowd. (So I didn't- I don't know if having the music there helped or not)
6. I love playing the violin!!

3 comments:

Lannon said...

You're amazing Rachael! My violin is still sitting in my closet waiting for me to pick it up and start learning again. Maybe someday I'll join you in a duet!

J.A.R. said...

That was great Ray!!! You're learning so fast!

Melanie said...

Wow Rachael that was great, I am so excited for you. That takes a lot of work and you are doing awesome.