Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New toy for Adam and cement carvings....

This is Adam's new toy! He got it last weekend and he's been tinkering around with it all week in hopes of it running well soon. I will post pictures of when that happens and I'm sure it will--Adam is very handy and I'm excited for him. He has promised me to always wear a helmet!! And Doug reminded me that I need to post a cement carving picture and yes I do. I know it's not the best picture, but if you look hard you can see an "A", (there's actually 2 A's and a bunch of lines, and some faint footprints)
My darling boys and their friends got into some freshly poured cement at the stake center (our church building) while we were playing softball and obviously keeping a very close eye on them....oops. In my defense I would not have let them near if I'd known they'd poured or if it had been marked at all, but it wasn't--

Luckily the Stake President has a sense of humor and just told us,"Which one of us when we were 5 and 6 years old wouldn't have done the same thing." And he said, "When your boys get married and have their reception here, I want you to take a picture of them by this sidewalk!" hahaha. We will do that.



3 comments:

Beth Moxley said...

The helmet is essential, but don't forget the rest of the protective gear. Dress for the crash, not for the ride--that's our motto. Fun and safe (or at least as safe as possible- it's a motorcycle after all).

Doug said...

My motto is ride for the crash, cuz its more fun that way. Also loved the cement carving! I'm looking forward to racing Adam on MY bike.

Sarah's Project said...

I love our stake president - I wondered when I saw the "fresh" cement why they didn't have it roped off. Crazy people who don't have kids!!!