Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year- at the dentist

So, can I tell you how much I dislike the movie Kung Fu Panda?! It brings out the hidden Kung Fu warrior in my boys every time they watch it. So on Saturday the boys found a wooden broom stick and were practicing their "skills". Aaron jumped off the couch downstairs with broom stick in hand and somehow Ashton's face managed to run into it......hmmmm....I really don't know the whole story.
Needless to say Ashton's front tooth got knocked clear back, and an emergency trip to the dentist followed. The dentist had to pull the tooth forward because he couldn't bite down. And he wired it forward. So now he gets to wear braces for 6 weeks. JOY!
Yes, they are very crooked still, but at least he can bite down, and at least they are still baby teeth. I'm still not convinced it's not just going to turn black and fall out--- but while we are waiting to see- absolutely no more watching Kung Fu Panda!!! ( and no practicing kung fu skills in the basement) please? PLEASE!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor kid! And I'm impressed that you sound like you handled it okay. If my kids tooth was pushed all the way back I don't think I could even look at it.

Anonymous said...

My oh my! Why is it that kids always hurt there mouths? And that is a big "hurt." At least Ashton will have something to talk about for awhile. Ellie wants to know if you yelled at Aaron? She must think that I yell at her a lot. lol :)

Shawna Teichert said...

Rachel, I was laughing so hard when I read this post, not because Ashton got hurt but because boys will be boys. I am glad you took a picture though because you will look back on this and laugh too, haha.