Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why did I volunteer for this?

This is a picture-less post. Sorry. I am just wondering why I volunteer for things when really I'm thinking, "I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth." My latest volunteer mistake- dog sitting. When our friends who were going to Africa for 3 weeks were looking for a place for their dog to go, why did the words, "Oh- we can watch Jack for you"- come out of my mouth?
I am really not a dog person, and Adam really isn't a dog person- yes we have a dog, and most days we ask ourselves, "Why do we have a dog?" OK- so the answer to that is under our kitchen table. Max really is an excellent vacuum/broom. So that is the reason we have a dog. The only reason. :) But we will never have 2 dogs.
2 dogs means double the barking- which is especially annoying right after I lay Livia down. That is one thing she can not sleep through. So it has been a long couple of weeks. I have also been super paranoid that we'll loose their dog, because I'm not kidding- the dog is camo colored. It blends in to wherever it is, and every time we open the door the dog escapes! It has been stressful.
Really this is my own fault. I just need to learn how to not volunteer for things. So I am taking suggestions if anyone has any. If not, who knows what I'll be doing next!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't have any tips for you, I'm the same way! Though I doubt I'll ever volunteer to watch a dog because I wouldn't even know how! But good luck, I hope the three weeks is almost up!

J.A.R. said...

Learn to be too scary for people to feel comfortable around. That's always worked for me :)

Beth Moxley said...

Try the "I'd love to help, but I just can't right now". You don't have to explain why. Just think to yourself about the insanity of saying yes right now!