Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween











My kids will be the first to point out that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I have just always hated scary, creepy things, and this year was no exception! In fact, we didn't even carve pumpkins. Ella brought a cute pumpkin home from a field trip and she told me it was to pretty to carve-so we didn't. Aaron said, "You don't like scary things, but you like me being a super-hero...right mom?" I quickly assured him that I love that he dresses up as a super hero (almost every day-not just for Halloween!)




Of course the kids dressed up and went trick-or-treating, as much as I am anti-Halloween, I'm not anti-candy. :) Ella was Tinker Bell -the same costume I wore when I was her age, Aaron was Buzz Lightyear (with wings this year) and Ashton was Batman. Ashton is obsessed with Batman.




So trick-or-treating was a lot of fun and a huge success- we got about 5 pounds of candy which should last us for a couple of weeks anyway! (I am eating for two!) :)

3 comments:

shayne and kimberly said...

We had a great time decorating cookies thanks for coming over! your kids looked really great this year!

Christina said...

Cute Costumes! There is a new pixar/disney movie out called Tinkerbell, if Ella hasn't already seen it I'm sure she would enjoy it. Have a great Day!
~Christina

Trisha said...

Hey Rachael,
The kids look so cute. I'm right there with you though on not liking Halloween. I never have and I dread the season except for watching the beautiful colors of the leaves change.
I hope all is going well and keep in touch!
Trisha